I recently had this questionably dope idea worth trying out, so hear me out: I had made a batch of the regular smoked cheez-its for my colleagues at work that they mostly smashed. The next day, I had an idea spinning around in my head to do a garlic Parmesan version…and this is what came of it. I mean, if it was a miss, then I wouldn’t tell you about it.
INGREDIENTS
Bugles Ranch chips
Dot’s Homestyle Pretzels
White cheddar cheez-its
Chicken Biskits
(2) 8 ounce bags of Goldfish Parmesan
Two melted sticks of butter
A few drops of Worcestershire sauce
Kosmo BBQ’s Wing Dust rub
Heath Riles BBQ’s Garlic Jalapeño rub
STEP ONE. Gather your ingredients. If you don’t have everything, find your way to the local Kroger/Walmart/BBQ supply shop and get the stuff. If there is a run you’re not a fan of - or if it isn’t in your area - find what suits you best. In lieu of Garlic Jalapeño ,a good dry ranch seasoning works as well and depending on the party, perhaps even better. Starting with the Bugles and pretzels, dump each solid ingredient into the pan because it is the vessel that all of this goodness will travel in from the pit to the card table that tailgate party food (remember Tailgating For Everyone? I’m trying to bring people together with damn good barbecue. Nothing has changed since the four seasons of challenging myself weekly to make the best backyard - and somewhat catering or competition chow - people in the 72022 ZIP code can enjoy.)
Don’t forget to put your liquids together: Melt that stick of butter (I should’ve used two instead) and those drops of Worcestershire sauce and mix them until satisfied. Drizzle over the entire party mixture and peep what’s next.
STEP TWO. Light your smoker. Most of the time, this would have seen Senior at 250-275, but because Little Lady (my wife’s pellet smoker) was nearby, she got the assignment. Once she reached 275, the full-size snack pan went to Little Lady and got busy for 90 minutes with an occasional stir every half hour to ensure maximum barbecue flavor from the championship pellets Academy sometimes sells for a cheap price. Just stir until you’re happy as long as the bottom doesn’t burn.
STEP THREE. In the miracle of time, those garlic Parmesan cheez-its are done. Honestly, you can dive right in but another shaking of Garlic Parm wing dust to reinforce the idea of my favorite wings - or not. As my school’s principals say, the choice is yours. Enjoy your hard work and share amongst others!
My thoughts: Good, but the next time I give it a try, I’ll add extra butter so the smoke sticks to the mixture better. Shout out to my neighbors and friends for their honest feedback; for one guy, nothing beats the OG version that I’ve made for the past couple of years. As always, thank you for sticking around d this long. If you liked it or got hungry, let me know and we’ll make something work out in the near future. Be blessed, be safe, be good to each other, and tell everyone that every day is a GREAT day for Dub Shack BBQ!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep your comments civil and clean. If you have to hide behind anonymous or some false identity, then you're part of the problem with comment sections. Grow up and stand up for your words/actions.