Saturday, January 23, 2016

Sonnet No. 2

I hope that this is not a last-minute deal.
I feel that I will be able to accomplish whatever it takes
To not only finish a quick sonnet, but also devour two milkshakes.
I feel like a prisoner eating his final meal,
Not because of how it tastes, but knowing
That cheeseburger and this catsup-drenched onion ring
Are going to be all people remember me for.
Or, will they recollect that time I kicked in the door?
Did I fall in at an angle correct enough
Not falling in or being pushed,
Nor using the childish word squooshed
To land on my rusty lotion-seeking duff?

Let this be a lesson to all.
If you slough off, then surely you shall fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep your comments civil and clean. If you have to hide behind anonymous or some false identity, then you're part of the problem with comment sections. Grow up and stand up for your words/actions.