Sunday, December 29, 2013

Learning On The Fly, Not With My Fly

Dislcaimer:  I do tend to add one of these to everything I write in case I ever slow down to pen my satirical and somewhat autobiographical poetry collection. There is some strong language; if you are easily offended, you may delete this post. Otherwise, enjoy some dry humor not unlike a Texas summer. -a.ced.a

hey hey hey

whut it dew

i know i haven't posted anything in a pretty long time (for me)

but a lot has happened since the last time i dropped lines like pledges that quit alpha phi alpha

por ejemplo (for example, for those whose spanish is still limited to the taco bell menu board)

i got married to my best friend chastity.

she's seen me at my best, and unfortunately, at my drunken, sarcastic worst and she loves me no matter what.

y'all betta stand up, shout, say hallelujah or something!

i'm kinda not working - i'm lying, just not the way i used to

one hundred percent grind isn't really a good way to live though it would be cool to have more money than time

only that my wife would never see me.

hence, i'm trying to be a more family oriented, grownup version of myself.

what else?

i discovered that saline county does have a black barber, only that he is white.

from what i've seen, wendell can cut...but graduating from new tyler, he better be able to work miracles with lines, fades, tapers, etc all that stuff i'm too out of touch to understand all those styles

just keep my beard wide and thick, just like the late great gerald levert.

satire is a lot of who i've always been, but i'discovered twitter about three months ago.

funny how quickly i can drop nuggets of candor in one hundred forty characters or fewer.

wait, text messages are one sixty, so why lop off twenty?

and now, the moment we've all been waiting for:

well, ain't no moment.

life is a series of those smaller moments, and as God allows me to stay on this side of life, i'll keep learning

once i stop, i might as well go find me a hole to dig up and die in there.

married life is living and learning on the fly, not so much with my fly *gasp*

i'ma put it like this:

i can't piss on everything or fuck it all because if i pissed on everything, i'd have nowhere to sit or walk,

and obviously fuckin' ain't what it used to be,

it's better.

til then

support your local blue collar workforce and public service employees as we are the backbone of this great nation

change is a comin' in more places than the ashtray or our pockets

love peace and wave cap grease from daddy red dax can

and in the words of the great philosopher sir mixalot

baby's got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep your comments civil and clean. If you have to hide behind anonymous or some false identity, then you're part of the problem with comment sections. Grow up and stand up for your words/actions.