One recent Sunday after church, some of our small business owners held vending booths with their own products for sale such as desserts, scents, barbershops, and yes, even a farm. Because I will do my best to not only support Black-owned and operated businesses but also help create a larger ecosystem which our collective dollars remain in the community through my choices, I ended up taking home some goat chops and a pound of ground goat from AV&M Farms of Little Rock. Google the farm’s history as well as how it provides a positive impact on the Greater Little Rock community.
Y’all know I cape for local, so give AV&M a good look the next time you need proteins.
INGREDIENTS
Goat chops
Soy sauce
Karma Que’s Lamb and Goat Seasoning
STEP ONE. Apply a slather of soy sauce to the goat chops and add the Karma Que to them. Allow the protein to get happy like people catching the Holy Ghost at the 11:30 am service before placing it on the cooker.
STEP TWO. Fortunately, goat chops cook like their lamb or pork counterparts. Flip every few minutes and make sure they are 145 degrees for doneness before pulling from the grill. Remove and enjoy!
Thoughts: They were as good as I expected. If you’re up for a leaner protein but averse to lamb, I suggest you try goat chops. With some corn and mashed potatoes, they made for a really good dinner. Anyway…thank you for reading, liking, subscribing, and most importantly, trying out this recipe. Goat is nothing to be afraid of, and as I learned from my wife’s uncle, some pretty dang good eating. Y’all be blessed, be safe, be good to each other, and tell everyone that every day is a GREAT day for Dub Shack BBQ!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep your comments civil and clean. If you have to hide behind anonymous or some false identity, then you're part of the problem with comment sections. Grow up and stand up for your words/actions.