Saturday, September 28, 2024

K.I.S.S.: Dub Shack BBQ Presents Honey Lime Wings

The best barbecue is often the meats kept simple such as salt and pepper beef briskets. If you need another example, keep reading below for the best party wings you'll eat this week and another superb sauce flavor from your friendly pitmaster. 
INGREDIENTS
Chicken wings
Avocado oil 
Big Poppa's Jallelujah Lime rub
Dub Shack BBQ’s Get Hot Honey sauce 

STEP ONE. We are using the K.I.S.S. philosophy; if you never knew what the acronym stands for, it is Keep It Simple Stupid. Trust me when I say I am guilty of violating that basic credo of life and cooking outdoors. Start by removing the chicken from the package and pat them dry; if any of the flats or drummettes have feathers, pluck them off and place in a medium-sized bowl. Add both the avocado oil and Jallelujah Lime to the pieces and mix thoroughly until all sides are coated in the rub. 
STEP TWO.  Light the grill. Today, I'm back to my beloved PK and really, there is no need for two-zone cooking as I am centering the charcoal briquettes (look, I'm using what is already in my shed. Be cool - when I'm up, I'll bring back lump charcoal instead for a quick cook. Once the grill reaches 350-400 degrees, place each flat or drum on the grill flipping at twenty minutes. Depending on the temperature, you might want to turn sooner than later. As chicken wings can easily handle 175 degree temperatures for doneness without sending anyone to the ER for undercooked bird, one would heed Bobby McFerrin and "don't worry, be happy". The trick to superb chicken wings is getting a good char without burning them. Pull around 185-190 degrees and serve after a five-minute rest.
STEP THREE. Remember the bottle of Get Hot Honey? You can go in either direction of serving it from a 2 oz cup and dry wings, or toss them in the newest DSB sauce. 

Enjoy!
In the course of thirty minutes, we have some bomb wings. Go outside and do some quick grilling before frying up some onion rings and fries as complimentary side items. Beyond the weekend, this can be a midweek dinner for some households - unfortunately, my own daughter is too picky and set on Ramen to know what she is missing. 

I'll keep trying. At least Caeli loves my pork chops.

Thank you all for reading this post and sharing great food among friends, family, coworkers, and people who simply like getting together for barbecue and more. Y'all be safe, be blessed, be good to each other, and tell everyone that every day is a GREAT day for Dub Shack BBQ!

1 comment:

Keep your comments civil and clean. If you have to hide behind anonymous or some false identity, then you're part of the problem with comment sections. Grow up and stand up for your words/actions.