Monday, June 1, 2020

Dub Shack BBQ Does Deer Meatloaf

Just out here trying different things. Today, I'm trying my hand at deer meatloaf.  The recipe is below:

2 lbs. ground deer 
2 lbs. ground beef (for you know, fat content)
1/2 medium onion
1/2 green bell pepper
Basil
Salt
Black pepper 
Garlic powder
2/3 cup bread crumbs 
IPA of your choice (I used Lost Forty's Dirt Surfer)
Ketchup (I used my own OG BBQ sauce)
2 eggs

Mix it all together and form loaves. Since your PK is already set up for 2-zone fire, drop two cherrywood chunks for smoke. At 30 minutes, check the meatloaf for color - if it's to your liking, wrap it. Otherwise, go another half hour.
Normally meatloaf cooks at 350 for 60 minutes but I went a little longer due to the ground beef mixed in. 
Pull it from the PK at 160 degrees and let it rest before devouring! 
Enjoy it with an IPA and other comfort food - tonight is my night to cook dinner for the missus and little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep your comments civil and clean. If you have to hide behind anonymous or some false identity, then you're part of the problem with comment sections. Grow up and stand up for your words/actions.