Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Dream Car For High School Graduation List

I know it’s been nearly twenty years ago since I walked across the Farris Center to get my high school diploma (Go Wampus Cats!), but I saw this thread on Motor Trend and it seemed interesting enough:  What five vehicles (preferably the start of a new generation) would you have in your dream garage? All models have to be the same year as graduation.

Here are mine. Pictures are coming soon. Unfortunately, 1997 was a bad year for cars beyond #1.

1)    Porsche Boxster. Hands down, no questions asked.
2)    Honda CR-V. For an incoming college freshman living away from home for the first time, this one makes all of the sense in the world. The fact it got 28 mpg is a definite bonus and that novel picnic table in the cargo area…
3)    Pontiac Grand Prix GT coupe. Yeah, yeah. The Wide-Track Pontiac commercials got me – and my uncle had a black cherry coupe that looked nothing short of badass even if reliability wasn’t one of its strong suits. Besides, I needed one for the home team and the Chevrolet Malibu/Oldsmobile Cutlass just wouldn’t do it.

4)    Ford F-150. Aside from the horrid mpg and from growing up with nothing but Chevrolets, this could’ve been the truck to own. Try finding one today at a reasonable price and see what you get.

Image result for 1997 ford f150

5)    Toyota Camry. More my demeanor – dependable wallflower – but you could really jazz one up without breaking the bank; it would likely be the car I’d still drive to this day if I only was allowed one vehicle from the list.

Honorable mentions:  Toyota Rav-4, Nissan Frontier, Honda Prelude


Feel free to share your dream garage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep your comments civil and clean. If you have to hide behind anonymous or some false identity, then you're part of the problem with comment sections. Grow up and stand up for your words/actions.